Innocent Buregeya is one of Rwanda’s recognized visual artist self-taught, also a social community work and best known for his uniquely creative paintings with strong focus on semi-realism artworks alongside mixed media.
His work is infused by passion for life every day, nature, culture, women emancipation, music, fashion and imaginations as well as the African contemporary arts that are defining elements of his style. He is also the co-founder of BUREGEYA ARTS CENTER.
Upon opening up BUREGEYA ARTS CENTER he decided to open space for creativity for everyone and dedicated his artistic talents to helping people who are disadvantaged from within his neighbor and he describes himself as modest expressionate artist. Buregeya’s art works have been featured locally in Rwanda and internationally through a variety of mediums.
- 2019 THE WALLS WE BUILT International festival of the arts. Berlin Germany.
- 2019 ODE TO MOTHEHOOD at The women s’ bakery. Kigali Rwanda.
- 2017 A NIGHT TO THE MOON at Buregeya Arts Studio. Kigali Rwanda.
- 2016 CONSCIOUS MIND at the Impact hub the office Kigali Rwanda.
- 2015 The world of children Kigali Rwanda.
- 2014 Celebration of Nature. At Get home gallery Kigali Rwanda.
- 2013 Contemporary Art exchange culture. Stockholm Sweden.
- 2012 Face of thousand hills Colorado USA.
- 2012 Power of nature Kigali Rwanda.
- 2011 Together in steps Kigali Rwanda.
- PAPER GIRL group arts exhibition Kigali/Rwanda 2017.
- DANS LES YEUX DES ARTISTES Kigali/Rwanda2016.
- African arts fair Paris/France 2015
- LIGHT group exhibition Swedish Residence Kigali/Rwanda 2014.
- YPYC Transformational Leadership Conference, Accra Ghana the Conference of the Pan – Competitiveness Forum, Elmina. June 2014.
- Rwanda contemporary Arts exchange culture Stockholm/Swede 2014. *Image of memory Kwetu Films institute Kigali/Rwanda 2013.
- ART FOR HEART Group exhibition Innocent Buregeya Rwanda/ Erika Bruce Swedish Artist Kigali/Rwanda July 2013.
- Heritage Group of artists at Uburanga arts studio Kigali/Rwanda 2012. *Uburanga fine arts American Embassy Kigali/Rwanda 2010.